Parent Teacher Organization
Chamisa Parent Teacher Organization (PTO): Chamisa’s PTO is active in providing support for staff, students, parents and the local community. All parents of Chamisa and all staff members are automatically members of our PTO and are all welcome to be involved and attend PTO meetings. The board meets once a month to plan special events and school purchases. Meetings are open to all parents. Your input and participation is greatly needed and appreciated. All parents are encouraged to give to the PTO with their time or financial support.
Meeting Minutes: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5SGnVnH4pZtV3lJaHY2RTdjb0E
Sign-up sheets: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5SGnVnH4pZtSVJIdXptZjRkNDQ
Like Us on FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/ChamisaPTO/
• Let’s “Be PAWSitive”! The year will be spent exploring the Six Pillars Framework. The qualities are: Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring and Citizenship.
• Smith’s Bucks is a great way to support our school. Due dates are the 1st and 15th of every month, and cards are ready to use 2 business days after that. Depending on the size of our order, Chamisa PTO gets a 2-4% rebate for the purchase. Smith’s Bucks Order Form.pdf
• Join us for a meeting – 7pm @ White Rock Public Library (113 Longview Dr.). Check the calendar: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/render?tab=wc#main_7
There are several ways you can help our school:
Your Time: Volunteer – in classrooms, on Family Science Night, as crossing guards, during the fall craft fair, for teacher appreciation events, at grounds parties, during our fall fundraiser or ‘unfundraiser’ events.
Your money: Donations – you may make a direct donation to the PTO or Chamisa for special programs. Thanks to the efforts of our Chamisa Alumni, we do receive donations for the counselor’s fund and the school fund.
Chamisa Advisory Team (CAT): This team is made of representatives from staff, parents, and the community. They act as liasons between the community and the school. They consider school-wide issues, keep updated on district and state direction, and make recommendations to inform instructional and operational decisions made for the school and district.
• Smith’s Bucks – order cards and recharge them on the 1st and 15th of the month, and Smith’s donates 5% of the value to our school
• Smith’s Earn and Learn – link our school to your discount card and Smith’s donates money to Chamisa
Greenhouse: The Chamisa Gardening group is now posting information about the Greenhouse and other gardening activities and projects on the Chamisa FB page. Please join the page if you are interested in learning about our efforts to bring gardening activities into the student’s lives. If you are interested in participating in some of the projects scheduled for this spring, please let me (Sabina Johns) know either by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org or expressing your interest via the FB page.
During winter break, we are searching for volunteers to water the greenhouse and feed the fish. Depending on how many volunteers we get, it won’t be a big commitment, perhaps only once or twice during the vacation. Feel free to email me or use the FB page to let me know. again—email@example.com.