Topper Advisory Council
The goals of the TAC are to serve as a site-based advisory council for LAHS, to advise the principal on critical issues that directly impact the needs of all students, to develop broadly based communication mechanisms to enable stakeholders to work together and become a resource for all, to evaluate the site goals and make recommendations for the following year’s goals, and to disseminate information to stakeholder groups.
TAC consists of the following members:
- The LAHS principal
- LAHS parent representatives from each grade level (9,10,11,12) – chosen by parents at the first TAC meeting
- LAHS staff representatives from each grade level (9,10,11,12) – volunteers solicited by the principal/staff
- A LAHS staff representative from student support services – volunteers solicited by the principal/staff
- One or more student representatives, ideally from each grade level – selected by the student council or recommended by the principal
- One or two community members, one of whom represents the business community
- A District Parent Council (DPC) representative – chosen by the principal
In addition, TAC has three officers:
- Recording secretary – keeps the minutes of all meetings and distributes them to involved parties within 2 weeks of the meeting date, maintains the membership list, and keeps attendance records
- Chair – runs the monthly meetings, ensures issues are appropriate to bring before the committee, and tracks the issues to ensure they are brought to conclusion. The chair works with the principal to create the agenda for each meeting
- Co-chair – fills in for the chair when that person is absent and assists the chair as needed.