The purpose of the Title VI Parent Advisory is:
- to comply with the rules and regulations governing Indian Education Act (Title VI).
- to enhance and encourage the academic experience of Title VI eligible students in the district.
- to provide direction and build on Indian culture in meeting the academic and cultural needs of Title VI eligible students.
- to participate in the design, operation, and evaluation of the program.
- to advise the school district on the development of policies and procedures relating to the hiring of project staff including reviewing the qualifications of and making recommendations concerning applicants for staff positions.
- to serve as liaison between Title VI eligible students, parents, guardians and the school district.
November is Native American Heritage Month. Nov. 16-21 is Rock Your Mocs Week. There are a number of activities planned. See below for details.
Please join the Los Alamos Public Schools Native American Parent and Student Council Facebook page by clicking here.
Please post your Rock Your Mocs Week Pictures here or email to email@example.com and I would be happy to post for you!
Entas Tanina Williams will present the story of the ‘Black Bear Family and Grizzly” and will also teach a traditional Lil’wat dance. Her presentation begins at 6:00 pm on Monday, November 16th and can be found using the zoom link below. Click here for more information.
A Virtual Tour of the Wheelwright Museum of the American Indian, Artist Interview with Eliza Naranjo Morse and Preview of the short film “Laughter & Resilience: Humor in Native American Art”. View on Facebook on Friday, November 20th at 6:00 pm. Details listed below. Click here for more information.
Dr. Lee Francis VI will present on “The Myth of Thanksgiving and Other Native Mythologies”. His presentation begins at 6:00 pm on Wednesday, November 18th and can be found using the zoom link below. Click here for more information.
Topic: Entas Tanina Williams Virtual Presentation
Time: Nov 16, 2020 06:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 505 663 2222
Dial by phone
Meeting ID: 505 663 2222
Topic: Wheelwright Museum of American Indians Virtual Tour
A Virtual Tour of the Museum, Artist Interview with Eliza Naranjo Morse and Preview of the short film “Laughter & Resilience: Humor in Native American Art”
Time: Friday, Nov 20, 2020 6 PM
Live Stream on Los Alamos Public Schools Native American Parent and Student Council Facebook Page or LAPS Staff Facebook Page. Video will later be available for viewing on the NAPAC webpage.
Topic: Dr. Lee Francis the IV Virtual Presentation
Time: Nov 18, 2020 06:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
Please note: The zoom code has changed from what was originally advertised. Please register up until 5:30 by filling out the following form.