The purpose of the Title VII Parent Advisory is:
- to comply with the rules and regulations governing Indian Education Act (Title VII).
- to enhance and encourage the academic experience of Title VII eligible students in the district.
- to provide direction and build on Indian culture in meeting the academic and cultural needs of Title VII eligible students.
- to participate in the design, operation, and evaluation of the program.
- to advise the school district on the development of policies and procedures relating to the hiring of project staff including reviewing the qualifications of and making recommendations concerning applicants for staff positions.
- to serve as liaison between Title VII eligible students, parents, guardians and the school district.
All parents and students are invited to attend NAPAC meetings.
Chair: James R. Mountain
Vice-Chair: Marie John
Secretary: Pamela Warren
Teacher Rep: Amanda Waldschidt
Student Rep: Janessa Gonzales • Photo and Bio
District Rep: Jackie Mirabal-Martinez • Photo and Bio
District Designee: Kurt Steinhaus, Superintendent/Jennifer Guy, Assistant Superintendent for Learning and Accountability
LAPS School Board Rep: Bill Hargraves
The next NAPAC meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 3, 2019 from 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm in the School Board Room, 2075 Trinity Drive. Guest presenter will be Jasmine Yepa, New Mexico Center on Law & Poverty, discussing the Yazzie v. State of New Mexico.
More information coming soon
LAMS Native Hawks
Native Hawks will be meeting on Thursday, April 4 in the library during both lunches (7th and 8th grades). Native Hawks is a club that focuses on the rich Native American culture and heritage here in New Mexico, and the Native American students here at LAMS. Questions? See Ms. Ellie.