The purpose of the Title VII Parent Advisory is:
- to comply with the rules and regulations governing Indian Education Act (Title VII).
- to enhance and encourage the academic experience of Title VII eligible students in the district.
- to provide direction and build on Indian culture in meeting the academic and cultural needs of Title VII eligible students.
- to participate in the design, operation, and evaluation of the program.
- to advise the school district on the development of policies and procedures relating to the hiring of project staff including reviewing the qualifications of and making recommendations concerning applicants for staff positions.
- to serve as liaison between Title VII eligible students, parents, guardians and the school district.
All parents and students are invited to attend NAPAC meetings. The meeting scheduled for Wednesday, March 4, 2020 has been canceled. The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 1, 2020 starting at 5:30 pm in the LAPS Board Room, 2075 Trinity Drive, Suite V.
Chair: James R. Mountain
Vice-Chair: Marie John
Secretary: Pamela Warren
Student Reps (LAHS): Leah Mountain and Muira Mowrer
LAMS Native Hawks Sponsors: John Fox and Rita Sanchez
LAHS Native American Club Sponsor: Scott Weisner
District Rep: Glenda Fred-Weahkee
District Designee: Kurt Steinhaus, Superintendent/Jennifer Guy, Assistant Superintendent for Learning and Accountability
LAPS School Board Rep: Dawn Jalbert
Native American Liaison: Julie Dare
Hello, my name is Julie Dare. I am pleased to serve as a point of contact to Los Alamos Public School’s Native Students and to their families. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to get to know our Native students and their families on a deeper level. My goals as a liaison are to facilitate meaningful events for Native students as well as to connect Native students to valuable educational resources. I was born and raised in Los Alamos and am a LAHS alumni. My undergraduate degree is in American Studies and I have a graduate degree in Special Education. I have served LAPS both as a special education teacher and as a preschool teacher. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org
The NAPAC meeting scheduled for Wednesday, March 4 has been canceled. The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 1 from 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm in the School Board Room, 2075 Trinity Drive.
Meeting Schedule for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year:
April 1, 2020
May 6, 2020
More information coming soon
LAHS Native American Club meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month in Room A228 during lunch. For more information, contact Scott Weisner at email@example.com.