My name is Yvette Byers, and I am tthe new School Counselor at Piñon Elementary.
At Piñon, the staff strives to create and maintain a safe and supportive school environment where students can succeed academically and grow socially and emotionally. To facilitate in this philosophy, some of the services I provide as a school counselor include:
- Classroom Instruction and Guidance Lessons
- Weekly Small Groups
- Weekly Individualized Sessions
- Crisis Interventions and Support
- Academic and Behavioral supports for struggling students through the Student Assistance Team (SAT) process
- Connecting students and families to local resources
Please always feel free to contact me with questions or concerns regarding your child at:
Office Phone: 505-663-2680
PLEASE NOTE: The school counseling program provides students with short-term emotional and social support in order for them to be able to efficiently participate in their classrooms. If a student struggles with ongoing mental health issues, the school counselor is not a sufficient replacement for a personal therapist or psychologist.
The recommended site to find local mental health providers and resources: http://losalamosmentalhealth.org/
Updated list coming soon